Erin Shaheen (she/her) M.Ed, RSSW
Registed Social Service Worker and Psychotherapist
I have been providing education and support to families for over twenty five years. After receiving my Social Service Worker Diploma in 1993, I worked in the area of mental health and homelessness for 7 years before joining the birth community with the Ottawa Childbirth Education Association. Following a passion for lifelong learning, I returned to school to complete a Master’s in Education for Healthcare Professionals in 2018. Half of my week is spent with families of babies and young children and the other half is at the local college, working as a Disabilities Counsellor supporting students who identify as neurodiverse.
Life is full of launching moments; launching into pregnancy, parenting, post-secondary, or empty nesting. My passion is supporting parents and individuals in solution-focused counselling to feel supported while you move closer to launching into a new direction in life.
Professional Memberships and Training
- College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
- Ontario Social Service Worker Association
- Bebo-Mia Infant Sleep Educator Training
- The MEHRIT Centre level 2
- DONA Postpartum Doula training CAPPA breastfeeding
- CPSAC Carseat Technician
- Planned Parenthood Sexual and Reproductive Health Training Level 2