I have been providing education and support to families for over twenty years. After receiving my Social Service Worker Diploma in 1993, I worked in the area of mental health and homelessness for 7 years before joining the birth community with the Ottawa Childbirth Education Association. In 2004, I helped create the Bringing Baby Home class, followed by the OCEA Infant Sleep and Grandparent class. Following a passion for lifelong learning, I returned to school to complete a Masters in Education for Healthcare Professionals in 2018.
I truly believe that it takes an entire community to raise our children and nurture ourselves. I am a parent to a 23-year-old, 20-year-old and 18-year-old twins. In my spare time, you can find me with a pair of knitting needles and playing the bagpipes.
Professional Memberships and Training
- College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
- CPR Certified Trainer with Heart and Stroke Foundation
- CPSAC: Child Passenger Safety Association Canada
- Bebo-Mia Infant Sleep Educator Training
- Current Police Records Check